- Mix all ingredients without starter and water until homogeneous.
- Add the mature active rye starter and water.
- Knead dough for 5 minutes
- Bulk ferment the dough for 4 to 5 hours at 21 °C.
- Shape into 1 loaf and place on a pan, cover with plastic wrap and bench for 20 minutes.
- Leave overnight for slow proofing in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap.
- Bake at 475 °F with steam for about 40 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 97 °C.
- Remove from the oven and depan.
- Cool at room temperature before slicing or bagging.
Makes 1 loaf of bread.
Profi Bake Contributes:
7.3 g of Complete Protein and 3.1 g of Dietary Fiber per 75 g serving.
Recipe originally created by Michael Ranaudo
Bakery Chef and Culinary Innovation Student, Niagara College Canada