Did you know that tomato soup is one of the top three most popular soup flavours in Canada according Euromonitor International1? For consumers, soups have the ability to elicit an emotional response. A steamy bowl of soup on a cold winter day warms both body and soul. These memorable moments and feelings coupled with a healthy recipe have proven to be real winners for soup manufacturers. Below is what we believe to be the best-tasting, complete protein (vegan) tomato soup recipe made with Profi the complete, high protein, plant-based composite (HPPC).
- Measure all ingredients.
- In a bowl, stir together spices and gums. Then, mix in the water.
- In another bowl, blend tomato paste and spice mixture until smooth and homogeneous.
- In small bowl, mix oil with Profi Pro until the mixture is homogeneous. Mix into the tomato paste mixture.
- In a food processor, blend soup for 3 minutes.
- Fill canning jar with tomato soup concentrate and cook in a pressure cooker at 15 psi for 5 minutes.
- To serve, empty soup concentrate into pot. Stirring constantly, slowly add an equal quantity of water to the concentrate. Heat to 75 degrees C (hot but not boiling), while stirring often.
Profi Pro Contributes:
5.0 g of Complete Protein per 125 g serving (or 250 g serving as fully prepared)
1Tomato is the third most popular soup after chicken noodle and cream of mushroom soup in Canada. Source: “Stock: options Canadians are choosing healthier soups made with wholesome, locally sourced ingredients”(Page 24 of Nov/Dec 2017 issue) article from Food in Canada. Retrieved from http://www.foodincanada.com/digital-edition/?documentID=171206213054-f6de3cea9aa44c3fb23f53c81ba57042